Professional Development Providers
PDPs provide professional development sessions at each Monthly Forum for the Participating Teachers and Mentors. PDPs are comprised of expert teachers or administrators in the district who are knowledgeable of Induction Standard topics. These include: classroom management, pedagogy, assessment, technology in the classroom, creating and maintaining a healthy learning environment, differentiated instruction, culturally responsive teaching, academic language development, content-based ELD, accommodations and modifications for special population students, examining bias, equitable and inclusive learning environment, and using technology for equitable access.
PDP roles and responsibilities are:
• Read and understand the Selection Criteria for PDP for the BTSA Induction Program.
• Have knowledge of the California Standards of the Teaching Profession (CSTP)
• Attend PDP training, which includes understanding Induction Standards 5-6 and presentation skills and abilities
• Create professional development directly related to Induction Standards 5-6
• Participate in follow-up sessions with PTs and program leaders
• Serve as a PDP for the BTSA Induction Program additional years if performance is satisfactory each year.
The Selection Criteria for PDPs is as follows:
• Knowledge of state-adopted academic content standards and performance levels for students; state-adopted curriculum frameworks, and accountability systems (CST, local/formative/summative assessments)
• Knowledge of The California Standards for the Teaching Profession and demonstration of best professional practices in teaching and learning
• Knowledge of adult learning theory
• Experience in training, facilitation, and presentation
• Knowledge of equity issues, cultural, ethnic, language, cognitive, and gender diversity
• Willingness to work with others to create a collegial learning community
• Possession of effective interpersonal communication skills
• Commitment to professional growth and learning
All teachers in MUSD are welcomed to participate as a BTSA Induction PDP. For more information please contact Rosemary Garcia ext. 2307 or Lupe Sanchez ext. 2810.