HOW HAS COMMON CORE CHANGED THE CLASSROOM?
- Students read non-fiction and literary texts in the classroom
- Students build knowledge through text in: social studies, technical subjects, visual and performing arts, world languages and physical education
- Students read texts closely that vary in complexity
- Students engage in rich and rigorous evidence-based conversations about text
- Students use evidence from sources to inform or make claims and arguments in writing
- Students build academic vocabulary