National School Breakfast Art Contest Winner
Desiree Sinohui, a 5th grader at Potrero Heights Elementary, was a winner of the nationwide National School Breakfast Week Art Contest
School Nutrition Association (SNA) received more than 750 entries in the National School Breakfast Week 2014 Art Contest. Three national winners have been selected by a panel of judges:
- Desiree Sinohui, grade 5, California
- Rachelle Lariba, grade 8, Hawaii
- Kalina Luong, grade 6, Washington
The art contest asked students to draw a picture of how they image school breakfast will look in the future – year 3014.
These three winners have all won a prize pack that includes goodies and art supplies – as well as an official time capsule, so they can capture and preserve a memory of life in 2014!
Nutrition Services is dedicated to reinforcing lifelong health and learning habits through serving and teaching good nutrition. This is accomplished by:
- Providing every student well-balanced meals and healthy food choices that will enhance the learning process
- Maintaining the required standards of food safety
- Being a resource for nutrition education to teachers, students and the community
Information about Meal Applications
The 2013-2014 Meal Application will be mailed to households in July. Anyone who wishes to obtain additional forms may do so at the Nutrition Services Department, located at:
1518 Mines Avenue
Montebello, CA, 90640
or call (323) 887-7900, ext 5992.
Si usted necesita aplicaciones adicionales, llame o venga al Departamento de Nutrition Services, usando la información arriba.
Food Safety Practices
- Each cafeteria supervisor/lead maintains current food handler’s certificate (ServSafe certified)
- All cafeterias adhere to HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) practices to insure food safety. A copy of HACCP standard operating guidelines is available for review at Nutrition Services’ department office, 1612 Mines Avenue, Montebello.
- For health inspection information on a specific school site cafeteria, contact Nutrition Services: (323) 887-7978