Local Wellness Policy Student Wellness
2015 MONTEBELLO UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT'S WELLNESS UPDATES - DRAFT
Please contact us to comment on the draft updates
A local school wellness policy is a document that guides a school district’s efforts to create environments that support nutrition and physical activity. The school district is required to write and follow a wellness policy by the Child Nutrition and WIC Reauthorization Act of 2004. The Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 requires school districts to periodically review and update their local wellness
Nutrition Services is dedicated to reinforcing lifelong health and learning habits through serving and teaching good nutrition. This is accomplished by:
- Providing every student well-balanced meals and healthy food choices that will enhance the learning process
- Maintaining the required standards of food safety
- Being a resource for nutrition education to teachers, students and the community
Information about Meal Applications
The 2015-2016 Meal Application will be mailed to households in July. Anyone who wishes to obtain additional forms may do so at the Nutrition Services Department, located at:
Nutrition Services Department
1518 Mines Avenue
Montebello, CA, 90640
or call (323) 887-7900, extension 5992
New for 2015-2016 School Year...You may now apply online beginning July 1
Las aplicaciones para comidas del año escolar 2015-2016 serán enviadas a su hogar por correó en el més de Julio. Si ustéd necesitá aplicaciones adicionales, podra obtenerlas en el Departamento de Servicios de Nutrición localizado en la dirección arribá mencionada.
Ahora ústed puede aplicar en linea en el sitió de internet mencionado arriba.
Food Safety Practices
- Each cafeteria supervisor/lead maintains current food handler’s certificate (ServSafe certified)
- All cafeterias adhere to HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) practices to insure food safety. A copy of HACCP standard operating guidelines is available for review at Nutrition Services’ department office, 1612 Mines Avenue, Montebello.
- For health inspection information on a specific school site cafeteria, contact Nutrition Services: (323) 887-7978