Frequently Asked Questions
What advantages are there for my child in a Dual Language Academy?
- Students develop oral, reading, and
writing academic proficiency in two
- Improve academic performance and
enhance job opportunities in the
- DIA students develop positive attitudes
about students of other languages and
cultural backgrounds. How can I enroll my child
What are the goals of the Dual Language Academy?
- Bilingualism and Biliteracy: Students
develop academic proficiency in
reading, writing, and oral
communication in two languages.
- High Academic Achievement: Students
achieve high academic proficiency in
all content areas and in two languages.
- Cross-Cultural Competence: Students
develop an understanding and
appreciation for other linguistic and
What is MUSD doing to deliver a high-quality Dual Language Academy?
- The staff engages in ongoing
professional learning, visits other
schools, and participates in reflective
discussions about student work and