Regional Occupational Program (ROP)
The mission of the Montebello Unified School District Regional Occupational Program is to deliver quality career training and prepare all students to achieve personal and academic success in the future. We are an essential part of the educational system, focusing on global needs and innovation. Our students are employable and able to adapt to changing work environments for a lifetime of learning.
ROP enrollment is on a "First Come, First Serve" basis and may be limited because of space. Priority is given to Montebello Unified School District Seniors and Juniors. Classes may be cancelled due to low enrollment/program needs.
HOW TO SIGN-UP FOR A CLASS
- View the ROP class schedule for start dates, times and locations. (Click here to view the ROP Spring Schedule)
- To sign-up for class, please complete the online Interest Form. (Click here for the Interest Form). *The Interest Form is NOT the registration form. You will still need to register on the first day of class.
- Students must attend the first day of class or they risk losing their place.
- You must have been hired for a job. A work permit is not necessary to apply for a position.
- Be currently enrolled as a student with the Montebello Unified School District.
- Have at least a 2.0 GPA.
- If you get hired, you will be required to attend a ROP Work Related course.
- You will need to complete the Work Permit Application Form.
- We will also need either a California ID, Birth Certificate, or a passport in order to process the permit application.
- Please bring all the above documents to your Career Center to start the process. It may take up to 5 business days to process your work permit application.
For more information, please contact your High School Career Center
SHS Contact: Jessica Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org
Free to High School Students!
Learn a job Skill
Earn high school credits
Prepare for advance training.
Learn in a simultated or actual work setting
LIST OF ROP CLASSES
Architecture, Construction & Engineering Technology
Business Office Technology
Computer Graphic Design
Computer Information Technology
Health Career Pathways (Multi-skilled Nurse Asst./Emergency Med. Responder)
Hospitality Careers / Hospitality Culinary Management
Protective Services Occupations
Community Recreation Services
Retail Sales Marketing / Merchandising
Business Office CVE
Food Services Management CVE
Retail Sales CVE