Career Technical Education
The mission of the Montebello Unified School District Regional Occupational Program is to deliver quality career training and prepare all students to achieve personal and academic success in the future. We are an essential part of the educational system, focusing on global needs and innovation. Our students are employable and able to adapt to changing work environments for a lifetime of learning.
ROP enrollment is on a "First Come, First Serve" basis and may be limited because of space. The following priorities are used if more students are interested in enrolling than can be accommodated
- Daytime ROP classes are open to district high school students only.
- Priority is given to district high school seniors and juniors.
- Next are district 10th graders who are under 16 years or older
HOW TO ENROLL
- Visit a career center located either at Bell Gardens, Montebello, Schurr, Vail and ATC High Schools.
- View the ROP class schedule for start date, times and locations.
- You may request to be placed on a class waiting list; although actual registration is on the first day in class.
- Students must attend the first day of class or they risk losing their place to others on the waiting list.
- Classes may be cancelled due to low enrollment.
Free To High School Students!
Learn a job skill
Earn high school credits
Prepare for advanced training
Learn in a simulated or actual work setting
Please see the high school websites for information on work permits.
LIST OF ROP CLASSES
Architecture, Construction & Engineering Technology
Business Marketing & Management
Business Office Technology
Computer Graphic Design
Computer Information Technology
Health Career Pathways (Multi-skilled Nurse Asst./Emergency Med. Responder)
Hospitality Careers / Hotel & Food Service Occupations
Protective Services Occupations
Retail Sales Marketing / Merchandising
School Security & Security Officer Occupations
Business Office CVE
Food Services Management CVE
Retail Sales CVE