Welcome to the website of the Montebello Unified School District Police Department. I hope the information contained within the site will help you become more familiar with our agency.
As a specialized law enforcement agency dedicated to schools, we strive to provide an ideal environment in which quality learning can take place. In embracing a Community Oriented Policing philosophy, we encourage the active participation and input of school and community stakeholders.
The department continually works to earn and maintain the public’s trust, through transparency and customer-focused service. Our employees appreciate the ideas, perspectives, and values of the diverse population they serve.
The Montebello Unified School Police Department is committed to the safety and security of our students, staff, and parents. We are committed to accomplish our mission through professionalism, integrity, and dignity. Which will enhance a positive learning environment.
Anonymous and Confidential
Email: [email protected]
BACK TO SCHOOL TRAFFIC SAFETY REMINDERS
As school starts up, please be aware of the following proactive measures you can take to ensure the safety of students:
- Drive cautiously. Children are smaller and less visible than adults.
- Children can be easily distracted and may have difficulty judging traffic situations.
- Slow down near schools.
- Don’t drive distracted. Stay focused.
- Scan between parked cars and other obstructions.
- Always stop for school buses that are loading or unloading students.
Tips for Parents/Guardians
- Do not drop off students in the street. Pull over to a designated passenger loading/unloading area or other legal place to park.
- Arrive early to drop off/pick up your child to avoid traffic congestion.
- Park nearby and walk to the school.
- Cross the street at crosswalks and intersections only.
“Automobile crashes are the leading cause of death for children age 3 and older-whether a child is a passenger in a car or is struck while walking or biking to school.” - Automobile Association of America.