Certificated - Human Resources » Credentials



The deadlines to file a request for a change in salary classification and to file a transcript or a copy of a transcript request form are: 
October 1st and/or December 31st


To qualify for a salary change all units must be:
A. Earned subsequent to the BA/BS degree, (except District Salary Credits), must be upper division or graduate level units, with a grade of at least a “C” and from an accredited institution that would or could lead to a credential or a degree.
B. Coursework that enhances a Bargaining Unit member's ability or potential to address identified District needs and/or state mandate(s) in the Bargaining Unit member's current assignment will receive salary credit if approved by a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the District Salary Credit Committee. The course work and required documentation must be approved and filed with the District within sixty (60) days of completion of the course work.
Click this link to print: Professional Development Unit Form
C. Lower division units from an accredited institution with a grade of at least "C" or better that are aligned to a Bargaining Unit member's District-approved credential or degree/waiver plan on file with the District, and were commenced, by the bargaining unit member after January 1, 2003.
D. District Salary Credits are credits that are unique to the Montebello Unified School District. District Salary Credit can be earned for staff development activities conducted outside the Board Day and for which the member has not been compensated. Fifteen (15) hours of staff development equals one (1) district salary credit, which is equal to one (1) semester unit.
Click this link to print: District Salary Credit Form
E. Completed in accordance with the application procedures and deadlines discussed above.
TRANSCRIPTS – Official transcripts verifying course work completed by the above dates must be filed with the Human Resources Office before a change in salary classification may take place. According to this provision, a request for a change in salary classification, along with official transcripts or a transcript request form, must be submitted prior to a monthly payroll period deadline for a salary change to be effective for that month, otherwise, the salary change will become effective the following month. In all instances, salary changes will not be made retroactive to months prior to submission of the official transcript(s) or receipt of a copy of transcript request forms(s). Implementation of the change will be processed upon receipt of official transcripts.
Official transcripts (those which bear the university seal and/or an original signature from the Registrar) must be submitted from an accredited college or university for salary advancement.
We invite you contact the Human Resources Office if you have questions about the number of units you currently have on file or any information you need regarding the application process. Please call Human Resources Certificated ext#7927.


Important Information:
You must renew your document before it expires
Application Fee- $100.00
Online Payment Methods:
1.) Visa
2.) Mastercard
3.) Debit Card-with Visa or Mastercard Symbol
The Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) no longer mails out, prints or provides a paper copy of your credential, you must go online and print your renewed credential https://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/renew. Please bring a copy of the credential that has doc# and authorization codes to the Certificated Human Resources Office, so there is no interruption in your pay. Please do not bring in a copy of your payment confirmation.
Click Here for Renewal Tips & CTC Online Print Document
California Commission on Teacher Credentialing
P.O. Box 944270
Sacramento, CA 94244-2700
Contact Information:
Email addresses and answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) are available through their website
Questions and comments can be sent to the Certification Unit by email at: [email protected] 
Emails will be answered on a first-in, first-out basis. The Commission anticipates that this redirection of resources will ultimately result in emails being answered in 3-5 business days. Please include your name, mailing address and telephone number. We will send you information and answer specific questions via the best means available (telephone, e-mail, or traditional mail). To do any type of evaluation, the Commission requires an application, fee and official copies of supporting documentation.
  • Email: Credential Staff
  • Phone: (916) 322-4974, Option 1 (Monday - Friday 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m - Pacific Time)
  • Mailing Address:
    California Commission on Teacher Credentialing
    1900 Capitol Avenue
    Sacramento, CA 95811-4213